Here is a list of some of the projects that I have worked on.

I programmed a Google Docs add on that uses LaTeX as an alternative equation editor. Users can also use MathQuill to allow for graphical editing of equations. The add-on has over 5 million installations making it one of the 10 most polpular Google Docs Add-Ons.

  • Robotics Code. I have worked on robotics code for four years across two competitions. The 2019-2020 season code can be found here. Note that due to COVID-19 this code was not actually used in competition.

  • Urban Magnetometer Station

I designed an urban magnetometer station using an Twinleaf VMR magnetometer and an Arduino. The code, written in C++, recorded the data onto a SD card. I also wrote Python post-processing software to clean and analyze the magnetometer data.

I wrote software to simulate the signals that the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) gives to experiments before they receive a beam of particles. I used an NI cRIO 9068 FPGA and LabView to generate the signals. The signals are very time dependent so the software had to have a low latency (<0.1ms).

I improved the hardware and software of a model particle accelerator that CERN uses for education. I also ported the software to a NI myRIO FPGA so that a separate computer is not required to run the accelerator.

I modeled variant magnetic configurations for a Monte-Carlo antiatom simulation program on a cluster computer with C++ and Slurm. I produced graphs and videos of the trajectories using Mathplotlib and Python. I Co-authored a paper on this work: DOI:10.1088/1367-2630/aabb84

My team was required to write technical reports for our robot. An example one of these reports is archived here.

  • Smaller Projects. I have done a variety of smaller projects. Their code can be found on my github.